Smitha Road garage destroyed by fire
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:00 AM
A fire destroyed a garage in Milton early Monday morning.
(Photo courtesy of Milton Fire & Rescue)
Dispatchers received reports of a structure fire on Smitha Road around 8 a.m. Fire crews found the garage fully engulfed in flames when they arrived, Milton Fire Chief Jason Long said.
Crews worked for about 30 minutes to get the fire under control, Long said, and remained at the site for about two hours.
The structure was a total loss.
The garage's owner, Stephanie Smith, was not injured during the fire, and her home was not damaged.
The fire is believed to have ignited because of an electrical issue, Long said.
Milton and Bedford fire departments were assisted by Trimble County EMS and the Trimble County Sheriff's Department.