Courierarea Sports Shorts - August 21, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:00 AM
- Southwestern Middle School's soccer team defeated Christian Academy 1-0 on Tuesday.
Skyler Short scored the lone goal of the game off a corner kick taken by Adam Anderson. Another great defensive game was played by Gabe Smith, Brandon Smith, Johnny Anderson and Luke Bryant. Mitchell Cline had the shut-out in goal.
Southwestern hosts South Ripley on Monday.
- Trimble County's jayvee volleyball team defeated Gallatin County 21-3, 21-14 on the road on Wednesday.
Kaylee Clifford was 11-of-11 serving with an ace, three kills and three blocks, Katie Gonterman had seven kills, Maranda Ward had six aces and eight digs, Autumn Ames was 11 of 11 setting with five digs and Cheyenne Riddle had five kills.
Trimble (1-0) hosts Oldham County today.
- Trimble County's freshman volleyball team lost at Gallatin County on Wednesday, 21-17, 21-10.
Jaiden Beatty was 10-of-10 serving with three aces and a kill, Karli Tilley had three kills and an ace, Katie Via was 5-of-5 serving and had a kill, and Jenna Rowlett had a kill.
Trimble (0-1) hosts Oldham County today.
- Southwestern's junior varsity volleyball team lost 25-14, 25-19 to Clarksville Wednesday.
Angela Reece was 7-for-8 in serving with two aces, Prezley Hartman was 16-for-17 in setting with six assists, Kaylan Anderson was 12-for-12 in setting with four assists and Stephanie Eaglin had four kills.
Southwestern plays in the ORVC Tournament on Saturday at Shawe High School.
- The KDH Girls on the Run program will begin the week of Sept. 8.
Girls on the Run is a national program for girls grades 3-5. Registration is limited to 15 girls per site with five sites total.
Registration forms have been distributed to all local schools and must be returned to the KDH Wellness department. Questions regarding GOTR can be directed to Heather Foy at (812) 801-0175 or email@example.com. For more info, visit www.girlsontherun.org.