Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - February 1, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Friday, February 01, 2013 10:00 AM
- Switzerland County's Austin Clark has been named the Ohio River Valley Conference boys basketball player of the week for the third time.
Clark, a junior forward, scored 51 points and had 14 rebounds, six steals and five assists in two wins for the Pacers.
Jac-Cen-Del's Sydney Keene was named girls basketball player of the week.
- Tickets for Madison's Girls Class 3A Sectional Tournament at Rushville are now on sale in the Madison High School Athletic Office.
Madison faces South Dearborn in the opening round on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7:30 p.m. The cost of an all-session pass is $10. The cost at the door per night is $6.
- Tickets for Southwestern's Girls Class 2A Sectional Tournament at South Ripley are now on sale in the Southwestern High School Athletic Office.
Southwestern faces South Ripley in the opening round on Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 7:30 p.m. The cost of an all-session pass is $10. The cost at the door per night is $6.
For more info call athletic director Tom Scroggins at (812) 866-6243.
- Tickets for Shawe's Girls Class A Sectional Tournament at Jac-Cen-Del are now on sale in the Shawe Memorial High School Athletic Office daily from 8:40-10:20 a.m.
Shawe faces the Jac-Cen-Del/Hauser winner in the semifinals on Friday, Feb. 8 at 6 p.m. The cost of an all-session pass is $10. The cost at the door per night is $6.
For more info call athletic director Steve Sims at (812) 273-2150, Ext. 229.
- Madison's freshman boys basketball team lost to Jeffersonville 40-26 on Wednesday.
Reece Dryden was the offensive player of the game, Carson Compton was the defensive player of the game, and Jamaal Caldwell was the sixth man.
- Shawe Memorial Junior High's girls basketball teams split with Switzerland County on Wednesday.
The seventh grade won 34-14. Megan Hesse had 15 points for the Hilltoppers and Kate Grote scored 10.
The eighth grade lost 21-17. Hesse had nine points and Megg Hensler scored six.
- Southwestern's seventh and eighth grade girls basketball teams split with Milan on Wednesday.
The seventh graders lost 37-23 after leading by three at halftime. Taylor Cole led the Rebels with 12 points, while Hannah Ritchie added five and Kayla Adkins had four.
The eighth graders defeated Milan 45-9 as Maliah Howard poured in 19 points followed by Kelsi Brierly with 12 and Michaela Mahoney with eight.
Southwestern will take next week off for high school sectionals and then host Switzerland County at 6 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 11.
- Madison's seventh grade boys basketball team defeated Columbus North 42-32 Tuesday.
Braydon Perry scored 20 points to lead the Bears while Landon Connor had 14.
The Bears end the season with a 17-2 record. Other members of the team are Carson Howser, Hunter Pittman, Trayton Hostetler, Will Bruns, Austin Castleton, Andrew Frazier, Clate Winters, Case Keifer, A.J. Karst and Connor Thurnall.
- Madison's seventh grade girls basketball team lost to South Ripley 42 -15 on Thursday.
Emma Beasley led the Bears with eight points, Abigal Stidham had four and Hannah Imel scored three.
- Madison Junior High's wrestling team defeated Columbus Central 66-51 on Tuesday.
Winners for the Bears were: Camden Spears, Daunte O'Bannon, Logan Long, Dalton Sizemore, Gabe Bennett, Jacob Nichols, Brendan Shook, Corbin Hughes, Logan Kent, Eli Kent, Marcus Schoonover and Raymond Clutter. Winning in exhibition were Gabe Brewer and Tiler Bush.
- Madison's boys junior varsity basketball team defeated North Harrison 42-36 on Saturday in Ramsey.
Kyle Tucker led the Cubs with 13 points. Madison (10-5) hosts Seymour tonight.
- Switzerland County boys and girls basketball teams will host Shawe Memorial for the inaugural "Mike Night" today.
There will be a benefit dinner held in the high school cafeteria from 4:30-6:30 p.m. with all proceeds going to the scholarship foundation. Tickets are $3 for children 12 and under, $5 for 13 and up.
- The Jefferson County Futbol Club will be accepting sign-ups for Spring soccer through today.
The club is looking for players U9-U17.
For more info and sign-up forms, visit JCFC's Facebook page, email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or call coch Jeff Gleeson at (812) 701-5484.
- The Madison Parks Department will have a Little League Football meeting Saturday at 2 p.m. at Harry's Stone Grill.
The purpose is to discuss the football program, off-season conditioning possibilities, fundraising ideas and parent participation.
Anyone interested in helping with the 2013 Madison Parks Department's Little League Football program as a coach or parent volunteer is welcome to attend this informational session.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
Message is a required field.
Captcha entry is not valid, please try again.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
Search only accepts letters and numbers.
© 2016 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved