Courierarea Sports Shorts - January 17, 2014
Friday, January 17, 2014 10:00 AM
- Madison's jayvee girls basketball team defeated New Washington 62-21 at home on Thursday.
Ashlee Allen led the Cubs with 17 points and Olivia Beasley scored 14.
Madison, now 5-7, hosts Corydon on Saturday.
- The 2014 Knights of Columbus free throw shooting contest is Saturday, Jan. 25 at Shawe Memorial High School.
Open to boys and girls ages 10 to 14 as of Jan. 1, doors will open at 8:30 a.m. with the competition starting at 9 a.m. and the event is free.
For more info, call Pat Berry at (812) 273-6607.
- The Milers of Ohio River Valley (M.O.V.E.) Running Club will meet Jan. 28 at the North United Methodist Church at 5:30 p.m.
The meeting will be used to discuss plans for a training team to prepare for a spring mini-marathon. Any interested runner/walker is welcome to attend.
For more information call (812) 701-2579, email email@example.com or visit www.moverunningclub.com.
- The Switzerland County girls basketball program will hold "Pink Out" nights on Jan. 28 against Rising Sun and Jan. 30 at South Ripley.
The team will be selling T-shirts for the occasion and $5 from each shirt will be donated to KDH's Norton Cancer Center.
- Applications for the Lide White Boys & Girls Club's Little League Wrestling are currently available for all boys and girls four years of age through fifth grade.
Athletes who are currently participating on a middle or junior high school team are not eligible for Little League meets or the Little League Tournament but they can be a candidate for the Club Madison team.
Applications are due Feb. 21. Wrestling begins March 3 and runs through April 24.
For more info call the Club at (812) 265-5811 or visit the website at www.lidewhite.com.