Courierarea Sports Shorts - January 18, 2014
Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:56 AM
- Madison's boys junior varsity basketball team lost 40-35 to New Albnay on Friday night in Madison.
Quenton White led Cubs (6-3) with 14 points while Carson Compton and Kevin Stewart scored nine points each for Madison.
Madison visits Greensburg Friday.
- Switzerland County's boys junior varsity basketball held off Southwestern 47-45 on Friday night in Vevay.
The Pacers were led by Kollin Hayes with 17 points while Brandon White scored 14 and Justin Green added 10.
Alex Ball led the Rebels with a dozen points while Derrik Bell added 10.
Switzerland County hosts South Ripley tonight. Southwestern visits Oldenburg Academy Friday.
- The 2014 Knights of Columbus free throw shooting contest will be Saturday, Jan. 25 at Shawe Memorial High School.
Open to boys and girls ages 10 to 14 as of Jan. 1, doors will open at 8:30 a.m. with the competition starting at 9 a.m. and the event is free.
For more info, call Pat Berry at (812) 273-6607.
- The Milers of Ohio River Valley (M.O.V.E.) Running Club will meet Jan. 28 at the North United Methodist Church at 5:30 p.m.
The meeting will be used to discuss plans for a training team to prepare for a spring mini-marathon. Any interested runner/walker is welcome to attend.
For more info call (812) 701-2579, email email@example.com or visit www.moverunningclub.com.
- Applications for the Lide White Boys & Girls Club's Little League Wrestling are currently available for all boys and girls four years of age through fifth grade.
Athletes who are currently participating on a middle or junior high school team are not eligible.
Applications are due Feb. 21 and the cost is $30 for Lide White Club members (includes a T-shirt) and $40 for non-members (includes a limited membership and T-shirt). A $10 late fee will be added after Feb. 21. Wrestling begins March 3 and runs through April 24.
For more info call the Club at (812) 265-5811 or visit the website at www.lidewhite.com.