Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - June 12, 2014
Courier Sports Staff
Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:00 AM
- Southwestern's girls tennis program has picked up several postseason awards following its 15-4 season and runner-up finish in the Greensburg Sectional.
Kearstin Bruther and Jordan Worcester were named All-District at No. 1 doubles team with a 18-3 record on the season and Worcester and Sarah Anderson were both named honorable mention academic al-state in tennis.
All three Lady Rebels are seniors.
- Southwestern Middle School soccer has begun summer practice and conditioning from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Southwestern High School Soccer field.
Practice is open to all incoming sixth, seventh and eighth graders interested in playing in the upcoming 2014 season. Practices will run throughout the summer on Mondays and Wednesdays at the same time.
For more info, call coach Van Green at (812) 599-1095.
- The 36th annual Madison Courier Firecracker 10K Walk/Run will be Saturday July 5 with both beginning at 8 a.m.
Registration is currently under way for the event at a cost of $10 for the non-competitive walk and $20 for the competitive run through June 28. The cost includes a commemorative T-shirt and an info packet. Custom-made awards will be presented to the top finishers in all 10K Run Divisions as well as to the top male and female finisher.
Check-in begins at 6:30 a.m. on race day at Madison Consolidated High School, 743 Clifty Drive, Madison, IN. The event concludes at Lytle Park in downtown Madison.
Entry forms are available at www.madisoncourier.com.
- The Jefferson County Soccer Association will hold open registration for the 2014 Fall League this Saturday and Saturday, June 28 at Rucker Sports Complex.
Registration is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call Brian Sachleben at (502) 310-8484 for more info.
- Shawe Memorial High school and Hanover College volleyball head coach Peter Preocanin will hold a junior high volleyball fundamentals camp starting Monday and running through Wednesday at Shawe High School.
The camp, open to girls grades 6-8 who are interested in playing volletball next year, runs 8-11 a.m. daily and costs $75.
For more info, call Shawe's athletic department at (812) 273-2150 Ext. 229.
- Shawe Memorial High School has teamed with Long Toss Indiana, LLC, to host a baseball camp at Shawe's American Legion Post 9 Field June 18-19 from noon to 4 p.m. daily.
The focus of the camp will be on arm strength, arm care, velocity enhancement, speed and agility, and winning the mental game. The camp is open to player ages 8-18. Cost is $89 and includes a camp T-shirt and video throwing analysis is included.
Contact Shawe Memorial Head Coach Matt Forner at email@example.com or Long Toss Indiana, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org for a camp flyer or to register for the camp.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved