Year In Review
Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea SportsShorts - February 2, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:55 AM
- Madison's jayvee boys basketball team defeated Seymour 49-38 at home on Friday.
Kyle Tucker led the Cubs with 19 points and Dylan Bilz scored 10.
Madison (11-5) visits Rock Creek on Thursday.
- Switzerland County's boys junior varsity basketball team defeated Shawe 32-17 on Thursday.
Riley Phagan score nine points and had three rebounds for the Pacers and Ben Curran added eight points, five rebounds, an assist, and three steals. Nathan Hunter had six points and two 2 rebounds and Justus Powell had six points, seven rebounds, and four steals.
-The Southwestern boys jayvee basketball team lost 69-25 to Scottsburg Friday in Hanover.
Christian Hayes and Gage Hartman led the Rebels with six points each.
Scottsburg's Christian Barrett led all scorers with 21 points.
- Tickets for Madison's Class 3A Sectional Tournament at Rushville are now on sale in the Madison High School Athletic Office.
Madison faces South Dearborn in the opening round on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7:30 p.m. The cost of an all-session pass is $10. The cost at the door per night is $6.
- Tickets for Southwestern's Class 2A Sectional Tournament at South Ripley are now on sale in the Southwestern High School Athletic Office.
Southwestern faces South Ripley in the opening round on Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 7:30 p.m. The cost of an all-session pass is $10. The cost at the door per night is $6.
For more information contact athletic director Tom Scroggins at (812) 866-6243.
- Tickets for Shawe's Class A Sectional Tournament at Jac-Cen-Del are now on sale in the Shawe Memorial High School Athletic Office daily between 8:40-10:20 a.m.
Shawe faces the Jac-Cen-Del/Hauser winner in the semifinals on Friday, Feb. 8 at 6 p.m. The cost of an all-session pass is $10. The cost at the door per night is $6.
For more info contact athletic director Steve Sims at (812) 273-2150, ext. 229.
- The Southwestern High School cheerleaders will hold a cheer clinic on Saturday, Feb. 16 from 1-4 p.m.
Participants will be introduced to the fundamentals of cheering, taught sideline cheers, and a dance routine.
The cost is $35. For more info, contact Morgan Hensley at (812) 866-1129 or email@example.com. Forms may be picked up at any of the offices or by calling Hensley.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved