The Community Foundation of Madison and Jefferson County scholarship applications for the Class of 2022 are now open.
Online applications will be accepted until noon on Friday, Jan. 28, 2022. This past spring, the Community Foundation awarded nearly $160,000 to the Class of 2021 in Jefferson County.
To apply, students must create a profile and complete the online application available at https://cfmjcscholarships.communityforce.com. From the application listing, students will select the application for the school they attend.
Some tips to help students as they apply for scholarships include:
• Don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application. Many scholarships require items to be submitted on your behalf by teachers, counselors, etc. before the deadline.
• Read and follow ALL instructions.
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible in order to upload the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) page of the report to be eligible for scholarships considering Financial Need.
• Personally contact teachers, employers, etc. from whom you would like a letter of recommendation and ask them if they would submit a letter on your behalf.
• Contact the Community Foundation staff members if you experience technical issues prior to the deadline date.
The Community Foundation has published its 2021-22 Scholarship Guidebook, which is available in Guidance Counselors’ offices and on the Foundation’s Scholarship page of their website. This guidebook includes all the scholarships available to the Class of 2022, as well as Frequently Asked Questions and other resources.