Online and in-person registration is currently taking place for Madison Consolidated Schools students ahead of the first full day of classes preschool through grade 12 on Wednesday, Aug. 11.
According to a MCS release, it is important for students to be enrolled before the first day of school to help ensure all transportation, student technology and administrative needs can be completed prior to student arrival.
Returning students can register online at www.madison.k12.in.us by logging into the Skyward Family Access account and following the online registration link. New students — those students never enrolled at MCS — can enroll online at www.skyward.madison.k12.in.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsSky/skyenroll.
Any student —returning or new — can also enroll in-person with multiple session scheduled at each school between July 30 and Aug. 9
In-person registration dates and times by school are:
• Rykers’ Ridge Elementary, Thursday, July 29, from noon until 5 p.m. and Friday, July 30, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Madison Junior High, Tuesday, Aug. 3, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Wednesday, Aug. 4, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Madison Consolidated High School, Tuesday, Aug. 3, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Wednesday, Aug. 4, from noon to 6 p.m.
• Anderson Elementary, Thursday, Aug. 5, from noon until 6 p.m., and Friday, Aug. 6, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Deputy Elementary, Thursday, Aug. 5, from noon until 6 p.m., and Friday, Aug. 6, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Lydia Middleton Elementary, Friday, Aug. 6, from 9 a.m. to noon, and Monday, Aug. 9, from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m.
Transfer students — those with legal home address outside of the MCS district — must file a request with the MCS Board of Trustees prior to Aug. 11. Application forms may be obtained at the school buildings or at the MCS Administration Office, 2421 Wilson Ave., 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays or online at www.madison.k12.in.us. All completed forms must be returned to the Administration Office.
Textbook rental and device rental are free for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Students will only be billed for any missing devices or chargers/cords at year-end.
All students will be able to have one breakfast free of charge daily with a cost of $1.35 if they want a second meal. Paid lunch is free for the first meal with extra meals costing $2.50 for elementary students and $2.70 for secondary students. Children from households that meet Federal income guidelines are eligible for free meals or reduced-price meals at no cost for the first meal, and 40 cents for a second lunch with breakfast free.