The Indiana Patriot Guard (IPG) invites one and all to participate in their 11th Annual Ride to Remember for the Southeastern Region on Saturday, June 12 and Sunday, June 13 in honor of the Indiana Fallen Heroes and their families who have given the Ultimate Sacrifice.
The Ride to Remember is a two-day, 300+ mile route around Indiana, held annually on the second weekend in June hosted by the IPG. The group rides to burial sites of fallen military heroes to honor their memory, dedicated to celebrating the military and their Gold Star Families — those whose family member(s) died while fulfilling their military service. The southeast region of the IPG is the chapter who honors local Marine Jacky Koenig, Jr., who passed away on April 9, 2017 at the age of 20 while he was stationed in Japan.
Jacky was a member of the Jennings County High School Class of 2014. He was on the track, cross-country and wrestling teams and was a member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Jacky joined the United States Marine Corp in 2015. This is the fifth consecutive year Jacky has been honored in the Ride to Remember.
Membership in the IPG is NOT a requirement to participate in this event. Riding a motorcycle is also NOT required. All are welcome to participate. This will be a rain or shine event with no rain date.
Ride to Remember t-shirts will be available prior to, as well as during, the day of the event. Your purchase allows the IPG to give back to the families and law enforcement by providing their shirt at no cost. Shirts will remain $15 for this year. Hoodies are $25 and available for pre-order only.
The following local military heroes will be honored on Saturday June 12:
• Army National Guard Specialist Jonathan D. Menke will be Honored from 2:45 — 3:15 at Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 1415 MSH North Gate Rd. Madison, IN 47250.
- Army Staff Sergeant Robert J. Montgomery will be Honored from 4:00 — 4:30. Location: Scottsburg Cemetery, 499S. Railroad St., Scottsburg, IN 47170.
The following local military heroes will be honored on Sunday, June 13:
• Marine Lance Corporal Hunter “HD” Hogan will be Honored from 2:15 — 2:45 at Veteran’s Memorial at Jackson County Court House, 111 South Main, Brownstown, IN 47220.
• Marine Lance Corporal Jacky R. Koenig JR will be Honored from 3:45 — 4:15 at Vernon Cemetery, 315 S. Pike St. Vernon, IN 47265.
• Marine Corporal John C. Bishop will be Honored from 5:00 — 5:30. Location: Cliff Hill Cemetery, 210 North Monroe St. Versailles, IN 47042.
For a full itinerary, contact Senior Ride Captain Tim Kieffer at firstname.lastname@example.org.